6.11.2004

Last day of work.

This is totally surreal. Today is my last day of work! I'm simultaneously giddy with delight and sad to be leaving.

I've been here for over 3 years. We've had a LOT of turnover in that time- fewer than 10 of our 70 employees have been here longer than I have, and probably 30 of those 70 have changed over at least once, if not twice.

One of the company's founders sent me a really nice e-mail. I can remember the day he interviewed me. He came into the room, told a joke. I laughed, and he told me I had the job. He is just a delightful person. I'm going to miss him and his wacky sense of humor.

People are overwhelmingly supportive of my decision to go to law school. It's neat to see. People are also shocked that I'm leaving, and that today is my last day. Because of the layoff weirdness, I've kept my mouth shut about going, so people are understsandably suprised at the abruptness of my departure. But I feel like this was the right way to handle things.

Anyway, it's a day of mixed emotions. Good thing we're getting margaritas tonight. :-)

I'll have restricted and upredictable computer access for a few weeks. I do publish and RSS feed, so subscribe to that and you'll know when I'm back. If not, e-mail me at jennysettle at yahoo dot com and I'll send you a note when I'm back! And if you live in Albuquerque or Santa Fe, LET ME KNOW! I'd love to meet you when I move there in a few weeks!

No comments: