6.10.2004

Weirdo weather

I got some knitting done last night!



I'm one lace pattern repeat away from starting the toe shaping, which means I'm almost done with this sock! WOOHOO!



And I picked up the mitred rug again last night, and completed two squares. Except for the misery of yarn ends hanging off (tucked under the squares in my oh so lovely photo above), this is really fun.

So, it's been pouring down rain, thunderstorms, and all that good stuff for the past couple days. I looked outside last night, and THIS is what the sky looked like:



Talk about WEIRD! The sky to the west of my house was that vibrant orangey yellow, while the sky east of my house was dark grey.

In non-knitting news, I just feel so 100% about going to law school. I'm reading Sandra Day O'Connor's "Majesty of the Law", and it's amazing. A very easy read, but so full of the history of our court system, so full of the idealism that this country is founded on- very inspiring and very much why I want to practice law. I saw this on someone's bumper sticker the other day:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

This pretty much embodies how I feel about the state of our country right now. I also feel like it is impossible to FORCE democracy on a society that doesn't want it or isn't ready for it. If you look at how the US was formed and how our government came in to existence, the circumstances are ENTIRELY different from those seen in Iraq. I don't know why, but I've been thinking about this a lot recently.

Anyway, enough rambling. 15.5 hours left of work... and counting!

No comments: