10.25.2006

A Heckuva Month

Is October over yet? I'm exhausted! What a crazy busy month. Some has been fun (like Balloon Fiesta, having C in town, visiting Meg...) and some has not (3 major presentations, crunch time at work, etc.) Oh WELL.

I DID buy yarn while I was visiting Meg in Massachusetts. Mostly sock yarn:



On the left is Lion and Lamb by Lorna's Laces in a fabulous lettuce green, purchased at Newury Yarns. Next up is bright orange Trekking XXL with turqouise and red, bought at Northampton Wools (whose new book is reviewed in this week's Knitter's Review!). I could not resist this pink and green Trekking at Woolcott and Co. in Harvard Square. On the far right is some fabulously fall-colored Trekking I purchased at ... shoot... I have no idea. Ack! Did I get it with the orange stuff at Northampton Wools? You know it was a good yarn crawl when you have yarnmnesia. Finally, on the bottom, is some Artyarns Ultramerino in the most amazing pinks/corals/oranges/browns/grays, purchased at Webs. I always thought their URL of "yarn.com" was a bit pretentious, but having been there, I can affirm it's a total understatement. What a place.

Anyway, much knitting was accomplished while in Boston. It was really energizing to be with my yarny soul mate again. I feel nourished.

So nourished, in fact, that I am committing to participate in this nonsense. I have always wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), but November in law school is always a disaster. But NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) is something I can get behind! Watch for a post every day in November... I might even have something interesting to say by the end of the month!

May the force be with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to do Nanowrimo, too. Last year three of my creative writing students did it in lieu of a 5 pp paper! I did use the "No Plot? No problem!" mantra to write my first draft of my novel in 10 weeks, though! I think it should be in July for academics.

I'll be excited to hear from you every day!!

Rebecca said...

Wow, that's some gorgeous yarn! Looking forward to seeing some socks... and hearing from you every day in November.