11.07.2008

Trying to Be Generous

Since my FO post about the Lace Ribbon Scarf, I have fallen MADLY in love with the scarf. I heart the yarn, I heart the pattern, I heart the color, texture, weightlessness, EVERYTHING about the scarf. It was all set to become my all time favorite knitted thing of all time, and I was looking forward to a long, but mild winter of fondling it as I wear it around town.

And then my husband asked if we could give to to his mother for her birthday.

We did give it to her, and I know it went to a good home.

Being fairly recently married, we haven't had much expeirence in all the in-law social dynamics. And she is a fellow knitter. It's tricky knitting for other knitters, especially those you want to impress but don't yet have a good sense of her style/likes/color preferences yet. She knows how much effort went in to the scarf and will cherish it.

As much as I loved the scarf, I don't think I want to knit another. The pattern is great, but it got really boring toward the end. The yarn was fab, but my LYS is out and I don't care enough right now to track down any more.

It's funny- when I first started knitting, I knit generously. Baby blankets galore, hats for friends, socks for mom.... I have recently become very, very selfish with my knitting. Maybe it's that I don't have as much knitting time as I once did, so each stitch feels like an indulgence?

No comments: