2.05.2010

Knitting 2009, the finale- all about me

And I knit a few things just for me.

Marian
Sapphire Marian
Ah, the Marian that started it all.  I love this. I'm about to make myself another.
Pattern: Marian by Jane Richmond, on 41 stitches instead of 45
Yarn: Twinkle by Soft Chunky
(Raveled here).

Textured Shawl
Textured shawl
I was at a rock concert one night, and the yarn/pattern combo hit me like lightning.  I hadn't been too interested in knitting this, but then the thought of this buttery soft merino silk just wouldn't let go.  A match made in heaven!
Pattern:  Textured Shawl pattern by Orlane
Yarn:  Plymouth Mulberry Silk, purchased in Colorado a year ago.
(Raveled here).

Featherweight Cardigan
photo(4)
I know, no final picture.  I may or may not get on that.  I like this sweater.  I chose the wrong yarn (it was summer in Texas- cotton or nothing), and ignored the voice in my head that was screaming that the armholes were going to be too deep.  I may knit this again in Malabrigo laceweight, making the body and sleeves longer.  In the mmmmalabrigo, and longer version, this might just be sweater perfection.
Pattern:  Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig
Yarn: Arucania Ranco
(Raveled here)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fantastic knits. Please model the sweater!!!