9.26.2004

Pictures! WOW!

Hey! I'm actually going to post some pictures!



First is Scooter modeling the completed back and left front, and partial right front, of my Debbie Bliss biker jacket. I LOOOOVE it so far... I'm using Katia CotoLan, a 50/50 blend of wool and cotton. The yarn is a DK weight, and the pattern called for worsted, so pray for me, will you? So far, I think the adjustments I made are working out fine...

On the swift is some Lorna's Laces in camoflauge that I bought to make Christmas socks for my baby brother. I've started them (no picture, sorry) and I think they're going to turn out great. OH YEAH- I got a swift! I got it at one of my Mom's estate sales. I luuuuuuuuuurv it.

Anyway, not doing much knitting these days. I do love having a weekly knitting shindig. It's great to take some time away from law school.

I LOVE law school, but the work is hard to manage. The professors give us lots and lots of trees, but seeing the forest is entirely up to us. One of the challenges I'm facing right now is trying to find a balance between peparing for class (trees) and organizing/intenralizing the class material (forest). There are only so many hours in a day....

I'm also yearning for the familiar... Part of me is really homesick for Austin. I find homesick to be a very awkward term, since I am home here in New Mexico, where I spent the first 18 years of my life. And the weather and scenery here are undeniably perfect.... I just miss my friends.

No comments: