4.06.2006

New Knitting Blooks

Yep, I said BLOOKS. As in books by my favorite blogs. Guess what arrived in the mail last week:



My very own copies of Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters' Guide: Stories, Patterns, Advice, Opinions, Questions, Answers, Jokes, and Pictures and . Both are fantastic.

Everyone in blogland is talking about these books, and with good reason. Mason Dixon Knitting is every bit as fabulous as the blog- smart, funny, creative, lots of color (local and otherwise). Every line is clever and hilarious. AND, I want to make almost everything in the book. This is a great inspirational book- all the patterns are designed as templates to use as a starting point for creating your own fabulous pieces. I'm about to start rifling through ye olde stash to figure out if I have the makings of a pyschadelic squares afghan or log cabin blanket...

And the Harlot is wonderful. Each of her three books is so different. This one is all about knitting. Swatches, gauge, basic patterns for hats, scarves, shawls, socks, sweaters... And every single sentence just oozes that Harlot brand of humor we all know and love.

I devoured these books over the weekend, and enjoyed every minute of it. If I was going to be frugal and buy just one (thank HEAVEN I'm not wired that way!!!) it would probably be Mason Dixon Knitting- I think I'll pick this up and thumb through frequently for inspiration- and I do plan on making some stuff out of the book! I love the Harlot, but those are better for a one time read than a pick up again and again and again for eye candy. Really, though, I'm glad I'm in a position to afford both. I'm a very happy knitter.

No comments: