9.20.2008

What's on my needles?

I've been a frighteningly monogamous knitter recently. Which is... scary.

The Mitered Square Blanket is still in progress- I think I've finished 10 squares. I'm really pleased with how this is turning out, but may give up on my dream of a queen-sized blanket. I just don't think I have it in me, and it would weigh a TON in the Tahki Cotton Classic.

I'm almost done with a Kaffe Fassett Tumbling Blocks throw pillow. The knitting is done, and the fabric backing is washed. Now just need to drag out the sewing machine and back it. I really enjoyed this project. Learned how to do intarsia, which really isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be! Now I'm much more confident when I think about approaching other Kaffe projects. I remember my Mom bought the Rowan magazine with the Foolish Virgins pattern (Ravelry Link) and thought it was stunning. My desire to make that pattern has passed, but his other stuff is so fun!

Anyway, here's what the cushion cover looks like right now:




The cushion cover is raveled here.

I'm also nearly finished with a pair of magic-loop toe up socks. I used Silver's Sock Class tutorial for the basics of magic loop, and Fleegle's pattern for my heel. I'm using some of the Regia Kaffe Fassett landscape yarn in the... fog?... colorway. I thought I'd LOVE this yarn, but I'm feeling rather meh about it. Socks are almost done....

The socks used to look like this:


But are now almost done!!!

Socks raveled here.

Last but not least, I'm working on Veronik Avery's Lace Ribbon Scarf from the Sprin '08 Knitty. I'm making it out of some very lovely Malabrigo Lace Weight I got at a Ravelry white elephant held at the Knitting Nest last year. LOVING the yarn. Here's roughly what the scarf looks like:

Scarf is raveled here.

I love this project, but it is only this big:



because I've been trying to finish the socks!

So, that's what I'm working on now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing a baby blanket in sock yarn so it's relatively light. Yarn Miracle Emily's doing a bedspread and it's going to be about 12 pounds (cotton) in the end. Whew!

The Tumbling Blocks looks great. Kaffe Fassett sure knows how to work with colors.

- MJ