6.08.2006

Ahh, the good old days

Just got news today that the last company I worked for in Austin went belly up. The investors finally pulled the plug on this technology startup company that never, in the seven years of its existence, had a product to sell. I'm shocked and appalled that it took this long, frankly.

This also makes it official: every company I worked for in Austin is now extinct. Granted, I arrived right as the dotcom bubble burst, and I worked for some really bad companies (did I ever tell you about the one where the owner's one client was his wife's company, and he had an affair with her secretary, and the bookkeeper was embezzling funds so that all our paychecks bounced, and speaking of bouncing all my coworkers were bouncers from a bar in Corpus Christi that the owner frequented while cheating on his wife? Good times.)

This company could have had a chance- but a biiiig ego CEO and a bad market combine for bad results. I'm grateful for my time there- learned a lot and met some fabulous people-but I'm sorry the whole exercise turned out to be such a colossal waste of money.

No comments: