6.11.2006

What I Did on WWKIP Day

I did have my knitting with me on World Wide Knit In Public Day, but I didn't knit a stitch. In fact, the only time I spent with my Koigu was posing for this:



Because I spent the rest of the day doing this:



Yes, I learned how to golf this weekend (note the most excellent extremely vintage golf bag on the left- lent to me courtesy of a colleague at work.) I must admit that I was not thrilled with the prospect of having to play in a firm golf tournament, especially since I had never held a golf club before Wednesday night (panic-induced practice session) and I'm not keen on embarrassing myself in front of people I'm trying to impress. Nevertheless, I had a BLAST golfing on Saturday. I played reasonably well given my complete lack of exposure (we used 2 of my drives, 2 of my putts, and a chip shot in this best ball tournament), got to spend the day with three great attorneys from my firm, and it was a textbook gorgeous New Mexico day.



All in all, a very enjoyable way to pass a summer afternoon.

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Yes, it was gorgeous Saturday. Your pictures are really good. New Mexico's sky at its finest. - The golf bag is cute, too. Did the sock have it's own pocket or have to hang on to the club covers? :}