8.27.2007

New York (mini) Yarn Crawl

As Meg hinted, we did escape the wilderness one day in search of new yarn. Not like either of us need it, but hey! it's what fiber addict friends who live in different states do whenever they're together!!!

Meg started the trip off perfectly by brining be a skien of Socks That Rock, color Rhodonite, as a thanks-for-spending-a-week-with-me present. As if! Seeing Meg was treat enough!



Our first stop on the yarn crawl was Lonesome Landing in Saranac Lake. Cute town, cute store, cute owner. Things were a little disorganized, but there was interesting yarn, out of print books, and a great deal on Opal sock yarn ($11!!!!) I brought home this darling, after Meg spotted me the cash to make the purchase- if you go to Lonesome Landing, be forewarned that they only accept cash and checks!



Our next stop was Adirondack Yarns in Lake Placid. Cute town, cuter store, cutest staff! I really liked this place- clean, bright, well organized, and you could see everything! There's also an adjoining coffeeshop/bakery with tables and chairs- very nice. We walked in the door approximately 5 minutes after their shipment of Fleece Artist sock yarn came in, so naturally I brought home some of that, too!



I also impulsively bought a ball of subtly varied blue/green merino sock yarn called Sol Joy by Catalina Yarns. It's yummy, and I think it's going to become the Denmark Socks from Nancy Bush's "Knitting On The Road."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything you got is so covetable. Yum.

Unknown said...

Hi,
My name is Mandy and I work for Direction Press. Part of my job is to search blogs to find new yarn shops & needlepoint shops. That is because we have a website, ShopYarn.com where we keep an up-to-date list of yarn and needlepoint shops in the US. We also publish the Knitters' Needlepointers' Crocheters'
Weavers' & Spinners' Travel Guide book.

I am contacting you because in your entry you mentioned a store called Lonesome Landing. I was trying to find more information regarding that store, however had no luck so i was wondering if you could please provide me with any information regarding the store. Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,
Mandy
mandy@directionpress.com