8.29.2007

Haven't You Always Wanted a MonKEY?

Yes, I have succumbed to the recent Cookie A sock pattern madness and started a pair of Monkey socks.

I've had a hard time getting into the pattern. I reworked the numbers so that I don't run in to too-small-sock syndrome, and my math was off the first time. I had to knit the cuff 3 times before I finally got it going. Then I was struggling to knit with my chosen needles (Crystal Palace bamboo 1 dpns), but that went away when I cleaned the needles- the accumulated use-grime was creating too much drag which made the knitting miserable. Now that things are moving along more smoothly, I think I'll enjoy this more....



Picture was taken two days ago- I just finished the leg on the first sock.



It's hard to capture this shade of Trekking- it's much more rich than it appears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It still looks beautiful, Jenny. I'm doing another pair of Fuzzy Feet and I have half feet on my Austerman Step socks. Yay!!! I might even get them up on the blog soon. (Ha, ha.) I meant to tell you - one of our summer group members goes to school in Austin. I was just thinking maybe you all could get together and knit. It's Bryan's sister. I'll email you, ok?
You sound so happy... It's really great to hear. :0) Jeannie

meg_knits said...

I don't think you will be ripping those afterall. They look great!

I find that pinks and reds are really hard to get accurate colors on for digital pictures. DOn't know why that is....