11.30.2005

I love December

Happy things about December:
  • My birthday is December 6. Happy birthday to me!
  • I LOVE Christmas. Such a happy, sparkly, merry time of year!
  • Finals stink, but I get the entire second half of the month off to enjoy myself and make merry!!
  • Presents! Getting AND Giving. I love giving presents.
  • It's cold, so I get to wear lots of hand-knit stuff.
  • Snow. If we ever get any.
  • If we get any snow, SKIING!
  • Generosity of spirit that seems to be lacking for the rest of the year.
  • Christmas music.
  • Advent.
  • Fabulous smells- evergreen, cranberry, cinnamon...

Edited to add:
  • Pinon fires! Thanks for the reminder, Jeannie! Pinon fires make me think of...
  • Christmas Eve. Dinner at the Pink Adobe, church, walking around Santa Fe to look at all the farolitos, smell the luminaria pinon fires, and sing Christmas carols at my Godparents' house in a fabulous old adobe courtyard. Have I mentioned I love Christmas???
  • Food. So many wonderful tastes and smells. My grandmother's recipe for Christmas cookies is fabulous, and Christmas wouldn't be Christmas at our house without chocolate yule logs.

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Happy Birthday early! Things to look forward to: Christmas break, hot apple cider, pinon fires, cold nights, bright stars.... : ).