1.20.2010

Greatest Product Ever- Greenling.com!

This post is only good for people in Austin, but I want you all to know how much I love greenling.com. Greenling is a local grocery delivery service. You point, click, and lo! and behold, deliciousness arrives at your door.

I usually order the local produce box, which is a box full of locally grown, organic fruits and vegetables from small farms in the area. I sometimes add the local farmstead box, which includes local non-veg products (usually nuts, breads, cheeses from local producers, and there's a gluten-free option!). The best part is that you can also order other normal grocery items- some local and/or organic- like milk, bread, eggs, cheese, bananas, tortillas, dog treats, beer and wine.... It's pretty awesome. And did I mention that it all just appears at your door?

This week the local produce box includes:
  • Broccoli or Cauliflower - Homesweet Farm
  • Bagged Spinach - Oak Hill Farm
  • Green Shallots - Acadian
  • Salad Mix - My Father's
  • Red Potatoes - Naegelin
  • Red Russian or Curly Kale - Homesweet Farm
  • Red Spring Onion - My Father's
  • Lemons - G&S Groves
  • Green Garlic - Green Gate
  • Tomatoes - Village Farm
  • Herb - Pure Luck
And the local farmstead box includes:
  • Caramelized Cocoa Nib Chocolate Bar - Fat Turkey
  • Oatmeal Orange Scones - Little Bluestem Bakery
  • Orange Blossom Oolang - Zhi Tea
  • Fire-roasted Nuts - Austinut
Today is my delivery day- cannot wait!

2 comments:

meg_knits said...

SO JEALOUS! MSU has a produce co-op that I have been meaning to look at, but there is no delivery with the service, that is for sure! Hell, we can't even get Whole Foods to move here.

I think I am better off thinking of Austin as its own country, then maybe the jealousy won't be so acute!

Jenny said...

Just visit in August- you'll never pity me again! :-)