1.27.2010

Knitting 2009, part 2

Here's what I knit in the first half of 2009:

Sunshiney Lace Ribbon Scarf
IMG_0721
I made one of these in blue and loved it dearly, but gave it to my wonderful mother in law for her birthday. This was my consolation, and I love it *almost* as much.
Pattern: Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery (from Knitty! Free!)
Yarn: Mmmmmmalabrigo lace
(Raveled here, blue version raveled here).

Selbu Modern
IMG_0724
Meg came to Texas for my 2008 birthday, and we hit several yarn stores while she was here (shocker.) She picked out these colors of koigu, and I had to copy. She's so amazing with color.
Pattern: Selbu Modern by Kate Gagnon Orborn
Yarn: Koigu KPPM
(Raveled here)

Bamboo Cap Sleeved Top
IMG_0755
Ugh, this is a disaster. $80 worth of crappy yarn, unflattering pattern, horrible fit despite 6(!) swatches, and just bad bad bad. When will I stop being seduced by Debbie Bliss patterns?!?!
Pattern: Cap sleeved top by Debbie Bliss.
Yarn: RYC Bamboo Soft. Splitty, slippery, and every single ball had at least one knot (most had more than three). Gawdawful.
(Raveled here)

Mistake rib brioche baby blanket
IMG_0754
Meh.
Pattern: From a kit that didn't actually contain the pattern featured on the packaging. Hill Country Weavers to the rescue!
Yarn: Appalachian Baby Design Organic Cotton
(Raveled here)

No comments: