10.10.2004

Yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn.

Well, I don't have any pictures. But I did do a little virtual stash enhancement today!

First of all, I am insane. I don't have time to knit any of my current projects, so it makes NO sense for me to go nuts on eBay.

I bought 2 skeins of Colinette Point 5 in Lapis. I plan to combine these with some Rowan kidsilk haze (yet to be purchased- doh!) to make one of THESE loopy & lucsious scarves for my Mommy for Christmas.

I also bought a pack of Rowan Chunky Chenille in the most fabulous ice blue color. The buy it now price was less than HALF of what it would cost retail- WOOHOO! and shipping was really reasonable, especially considering it's airmail from England. I am not 100% sure what I'll make with it. I found a pattern in an older Rowan mag (22?) for a turtleneck sweater... Not sure if that's what it'll become.

I am also sorely tempted by Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, but there's never enough on eBay to make a sweater out of, and I am DONE buying random skeins or smallquantities. I'm drowning in small quantities of yarn.

Anyway, the fall weather here is really making me want to knit. That, combined with the pressure of midterms tomorrow has caused some major procrastination in the form of yarn shopping/knitting fantasizing.

I originally planned to try to get an inch a day done on the sleeves of my biker jacket. Snort. Yeah. That is so not happening. I hope I finish the sweater before Christmas. And I doubt the camo socks will get done in time, either. Alas and alack.

Anyway, I should study, since I'm paying out of state tuition for this opportunity to suffer. :-)

No comments: