10.14.2005

AY Carumba

Did I mention that I got outed as a knit blogger during one of my job interviews? It seems like it was an accident, but the net result is that these people know about- and have visited- this blog. And they still decided to make me an offer! Whew! It was actually pretty funny. The Chair of the Recruiting Committee called last night and said, "Hi Jenny, this is So and So from Such and Such Law Firm. I wanted to know what you're going to do about those mittens..." I LOVE that these people have a sense of humor. Even if I feel like a big dork.

Anyway, I finished the body of Mom's spastic mitten last night, and am hoping to get the thumb done today. The second mitten isn't as big as feared, and they actually look identical when she has them on. I don't want these to be the mittens only a mother could love, but she insists they're fine and refuses to let me rip and reknit...

I went stashdiving last night to figure out what to work on next. My best law school buddy is due with her first child TODAY, and I have 3 balls of beautiful blue Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino laying around. I was going to make socks for me, but I might make something for the babe. Unless the babe is a girl, in which case I'll dig out something a little more feminine...
I also pulled out my pink/red/orange variegated Painted Xian from Textiles A Manos- it's a DK weight 50/50 silk/wool blend. My LORD, this stuff is amazing. I'm thinking about making Flora out of the Xian held with a strand of Rowan Kidsilk Haze that I bought in a fabulous shade of orange... That sill leaves me a ball of the Kisilk Crack, I mean Haze, to make a long Airy Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts....

Thoughts?

No comments: