10.20.2005

HAPPY FEET!

I got my SockaPalTwoZa Socks today!!!! Thank you Danielle!!!

They are GORGEOUS, they FIT PERFECTLY, and they are MY COLORS. YIPPEEEEE!!



The yarn is ArtYarns in a pattern by a designer from Danielle's area- Diamante is the pattern name. It is FABULOUSLY lacy. I tried to knit myself a pair of lace socks once and failed so miserably I had to throw them away. Danielle, I will treasure these.



And, KC approves:



Poor Danielle finished the socks on time, but one escaped to a hiding spot behind a hotel room bed during her sister's 9/17 wedding- she had to know a WHOLE OTHER SOCK! What a trooper! And if that wasn't enough, she sacrificed and sent this GORGEOUS HANK of Schaffer Anne sock yarn. I don't deserve such goodness...



Danielle, THANK YOU. My handknit sock collection has just doubled from one pair to two, and I LOVE THESE. Can I use any more CAPITAL LETTERS or EXCLAMATION POINTS? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up on my blogreading (love the mittens from the other day), and lucky you to get lace socks from your sockpal.

Schaeffer Anne is amazing stuff. I had thought I'd use mine for a lace scarf, but I've seen socks made from it and they're delicious too... enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am sooo excited that you love them. They turned out beautiful, hopefully someone, maybe the mice enjoy that lone sock in the hotel room.

The pattern was not too bad, I think a 8 row repeat with 4 of them being easy. I LOVED the color way and was really excited that you liked them. I thought they might be a little snug but I like my socks to be tight, less wear on them.

If you are even in the Sacramento area, I own a Yarn Boutique, called Knitique and I'd love to have you come visit.

Have a GREAT day,

Danielle
knitique@hotmail.com

tom said...

Cute socks