11.07.2004

Legal Memo. Sigh.

So, I'm in the middle of my first open research memo. I think my outline is pretty good. Actually, for the first issue, it's way too detailed. But I don't have a great grasp yet on what's important and what I can ditch. I need to just start writing now so I can get past the initial writer's block and get cranking. Once I have something on the page, I'll feel a lot better about it.

UPDATE: Only 6 hours later and I have a 12 page draft. WOOHOO! Having a really, really detailed outline helps me write relatively quickly. There was still some last minute research and futzing with organization, but the outline allowed me to more or less hunker down and write. I highly recommend writing a detailed outline that puts your thoughts in the right order.
For the record, I also spent about 45 minutes making dinner, and about 45 minutes on the phone to a friend. Not that you should care, but for some reason half an our per page seems kind of lame to me, so I'm fudging my numbers. So there.

No comments: