6.15.2005

Mixed Bag

The owners of the Casa where I am housesitting are coming home early- this week instead of July 1, which is GREAT NEWS. I don't have to deal with their crazy animals any more, my daily commute goes from an hour each way to 10 minutes each way, and I can work out in the mornings again! YAY!

This has been a GREAT mail week. After the glowing review at Knitter's Review, I splurged and bought 15 skeins of the Pakucho Organic Cotton from elann.com for 60% off retail. LOVE THIS YARN. It is soft, gorgeous, and is going to make a perfect every day Hourglass Sweater. I love elann.com, too. You order incredibly cheap yarn and magically, it shows up on your doorstep 3 days later. Hurrah!

I ALSO got 3 books off Amazon- Loop-d-Loop: More than 40 Novel Designs for Knitters, Little Badger Knitwear: Knitted Projects for Babies and Toddlers, and The Pleasures Of Knitting: Timeless Feminine Sweaters. None of these books were at my LYS, so I don't feel too bad for ordering them online. I haven't had a chance to do much browsing, but Loop D Loop looks freaking AMAZING. I'll report more on the books after I have a chance to dig a little deeper.

The next week is going to be bonkers what with me moving AGAIN, but I'll try to post a bit!

I've taught 3 law schoolers how to knit in the past 10 days- I think I'll have company on campus this year! YAY! Not alone at the law school any more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Good job with the lawyers last night - wish I could have spent some time with you!

meg