I did finally get some knitting time! I finished a sock (pointy toe looks lame, but otherwise fits fine) and a scarf, both for me. I started and ripped two shawls- apparently the holdays are not conducive to lace knitting for my poor addled little brain.
And, I have RESOLUTIONS! In no particular order:
- Cook dinner at least twice per week
- Take lunch to school at least twice per week
- Get to gym three times per week, plus one 30+ minute walk or other workout on weekends. (30 minutes of exercise 4 days a week)
- All the resolutions so far point toward the ultimate goal, which is to lose 15 or 20 pounds. 15 gets me into a good, healthy, manageable weight. (Update: Now at 20 pounds, since I gained 4 in the last 2 months of 2005).
- Get a federal clerkship (unfortunately, I have very little control over this one....)
- Write at least one old-fashioned letter per month
- Take better knitting photos- no more FO on the floor crap
- DON'T BUY YARN in January or February. After that, we'll have to reevaluate on a month by month basis. (Update: Extended to May 15. Yep, it's a spring semester yarn purchase ban.)
- Go camping at least twice.
- Finish my *@^(#$^@ law review article.
- Not obsess over the fact that this is the year I turn 30.