1.03.2006

Happy New Year!

What a wild couple of weeks! Mr. C was here for Christmas, then we went to the midsouth to spend a week with his extended family, then I spent 3 days with him in Austin. Was a great trip. Would have been better if I hadn't been stricken with 7 days (and counting) of the plague... Ah well. Doctor visit tomorrow- my over the counter cocktail ain't cutting it anymore.

I did finally get some knitting time! I finished a sock (pointy toe looks lame, but otherwise fits fine) and a scarf, both for me. I started and ripped two shawls- apparently the holdays are not conducive to lace knitting for my poor addled little brain.

And, I have RESOLUTIONS! In no particular order:
  • Cook dinner at least twice per week
  • Take lunch to school at least twice per week
  • Get to gym three times per week, plus one 30+ minute walk or other workout on weekends. (30 minutes of exercise 4 days a week)
  • All the resolutions so far point toward the ultimate goal, which is to lose 15 or 20 pounds. 15 gets me into a good, healthy, manageable weight. (Update: Now at 20 pounds, since I gained 4 in the last 2 months of 2005).
  • Get a federal clerkship (unfortunately, I have very little control over this one....)
  • Write at least one old-fashioned letter per month
  • Take better knitting photos- no more FO on the floor crap
  • DON'T BUY YARN in January or February. After that, we'll have to reevaluate on a month by month basis. (Update: Extended to May 15. Yep, it's a spring semester yarn purchase ban.)
  • Go camping at least twice.
  • Finish my *@^(#$^@ law review article.
  • Not obsess over the fact that this is the year I turn 30.

2 comments:

Wu said...

Those are good goals!! and 30 isn't that bad. I'm 33yo!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
Ooh, taking lunch to school -- both more healthy and more economical, I also need to be doing that. Good luck with the clerkship -- that's awesome you're trying.

Haha, I like that you are having to cut yourself off from the yarn crack.