1.15.2006

Knitting Status

Currently on the needles:

Socks. My own design (can you believe it?!?!?!) Plain and Fancy Sheep and Wool in a mity green. One done, cast on for the second. Love the completed sock, BUT the toe is too pointy!





Birch, Rowan pattern. Kidsilk Haze. MMMMM.
Crappy photo, but really, it looks horrible at this point! The shawl looks like 3 inches of mid-blue furry ruffle.





Imminent Cast Ons:

Jaywalkers. In Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Yarn, not sure which color (I have 3 to chose from!)

Swatching for a Cashmere sweater- yarn courtesy of Meg (birthday gift!!!) Pattern will probably be the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.


Lurking:

Frost Flowers Shawl in Lacy Lamb, minty green. Started this in December and had to rip. Several times. I'm intimidated, but will cast on when I'm ready to Boss My Knitting Around!

Fair Isle something... mittens? hat? socks?

The Perfect Sweater. This, alas, presents a glitch in the No Yarn Till May 15 Resolution. Official perfect yarn is Cascade 220, and I do not have enough in the stash. (I have 1 ball red, 1/2 balls of lime green, hot pink, and purple.) Do I carve out an exception? Or make the Perfect Sweater in an Unperfect Yarn that I already own? Options *might* include Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in off white (not sure if I have enough, but might...) and Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Aran in navy (definitely have enough). Maybe Meg's cashmere would work- need to see what the Perfect Sweater gauge and yardage requirements are...

Baby Stuff. 3 girly things. All due in April-May.

3 comments:

Scoutj said...

I LOVE the socks! Go you!!!

Beverly said...

Jenny, I'm going to join you on the semester-long yarn fast! I'm buying some yarn from Noelle on Tuesday (my first day of classes), and I'm going to knit from the stash from then until mid-May.

I have four cashmere sweaters I'd like to recycle for yarn...does that count as adding to the stash?

Pixiepurls said...

is that kidsilk coloe allure or something liek that:?