7.28.2005

Fabulous New Mexico Restaurants!!!

I've had some great meals recently and wanted to share with you!

We went to the ORIGINAL Range Cafe in Bernalillo the other night. The Range has recently opened restaurants in Albuquerque, but the branch locations are just plain awful. That's all there is to it. The original, however, if fanfreakingtastic. I had the spinach salad topped with chile-rubbed shrimp, jicama, and red bell peppers with apple vinaigrette. It was a great mixture of flavors and textures. Mom and C each had the fajita chicken enchiladas, which looked really good. I can't stress this enough people: avoid the in town locations and make the drive to Bernalillo- it is SO WORTH YOUR TIME.

C and I had a date on Friday and we went to the Turtle Mountain Brewing Company in Rio Rancho. Warning: they do not have air conditioning. You know what? I didn't care. It was phenomenal. Best pizza I have ever eaten. Their crust is really thin and crispy, and everything has SUCH great flavor! I had the El Capitan, which had fresh zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, and onions. Wowza. The beer was great, too. I had the Left Coast Pale Ale, which was great. Fruity, a little bitter, really nice. We will DEFINITELY be going back out to Rio Rancho for another meal here.

Finally, the BEST sushi in Albuquerque isn't in Albuquerque at all- it's past Turtle Mountain Brewing Co at Noda's. Oh my GOSH. The fish is amazingly fresh, the preparation is both traditional and incredibly innovative, and the flavors! I should write an ode to Noda's. There is nothing I can say that will do this place justice. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Meg, when do you want to go back?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No comments: