7.11.2005

Insomniac

I have not been sleeping well recently. Last night was a prime example. I laid in bed for 3 hours before giving up and sneaking in to the bathroom to read 3 chapters of Pride and Prejudice. When I finally climbed back in to bed, I STILL couldn't sleep, yet I was in an absolute coma this morning when the alarm clock went off. Go figure.

Maybe I'm the slowest person on the planet, but Bridget Jones' Diary is totally a modern Pride and Prejudice. My Jane Austen loving friend cringes every time I say this and argues that I am just plain wrong, but it's true. So there.

Managed to finish the body of Orangina yesterday- now I just have 6 inches of 3X3 ribbing on size 2 needles. Kill me now, preferably with the pointy size 2 metal circular needle that will be torturing me for weeks to come.

I finished the Koigu socks a week ago- pictures when I get my camera back (brother has it AGAIN). I thought about giving these to my SockaPalTwoZa pal, but I did a horrible job on the short row heels and totally botched the picot bind off on the second sock.

Next up? Socks for my SockaPalTwoZa! I've decided on some beautiful variegated blue and green cotton blend yarn... It's soft, wears well, is variegated and colorful without being blingingly bright... Good choice for a stranger with unknonwn color preferences! I'm planning on doing the Mermaid Socks from Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks Warm Feet. I think they look cool.

No comments: