9.28.2005

Oslo, We Have A Problem

So, I'm working on a pair of Norwegian fair isle mittens for my Mom. Real traditional. Snowflakes, red and white, nice.

I finished the first mitten a week or two ago and it was kinda lumpy. Not noticeable, but my tension was totally not even throughout the first mitten.

So I started the second mitten late last week and worked on it this weekend. I have been really focused on maintaining an even tension, not pulling the stranded yarn too tight, and generally getting real zen about knitting this mitten.

See how well I've done?



Let's take a closer look, shall we?



Yes, my gauge has changed SO MUCH that the second mitten is going to be at least one and a half times bigger than the first.

Crap.

Crap Crap Crap Crap.

I guess I need to go back to my tight death grip hold on the yarn, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh NO! What are you going to do?

meg

lucia said...

Oh no! That's happened with the second sweater I made. The tension on the bottom of the first piece was much different from the rest of the sweater.

(I'm afraid my cure was ripping. Not fun.)