8.04.2005

Confessions of a Yarn Hoarder

Ok, there's just TOO MUCH for me to take pictures of all the yarn I've bought this summer. But I need to confess and get it off my chest.

In no particular order, since May 1 I have bought (ignoring books, needles, notions, spindles, or fiber... just YARN):

  • 4 skeins of Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Yarn from KnitPixie, one each of aqua melon, sweetwater, algae, and knit and tonic colorways. Destined to become socks. (DUH!)

  • 1 skein of Tilly Tomas Disco Lights in Bluebell, also from KnitPixie. Destined to become a spectacular scarf.

  • 1 skein of a pink rayon thick/thin yarn with colored slubs from Textiles A Mano at the Fiber Arts Fiesta. Destined to become a scarf.

  • 1 skein of a DK weight 50/50 wool silk yarn in variegated pinks/oranges/reds/yellows, also from Textiles A Mano at the Fiber Arts Fiesta. Destined to become the pashmina cowl out of Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

  • 6 balls Rowan Cotton 4-Ply in White that has already become Orangina.

  • 15 skeins of Pakucho Organic Cotton in Natural from elann.com. Destined to become the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

  • 14 skiens of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in off white from eBay. Destined to become a cardigan... I think. Maybe a pullover. I feel like I HAD a pattern in mind when I bought it, but now can't think...

  • 4 skeins Misti Alpaca in a deep plummy color from Miriam's Well/Santa Fe School of Weaving. Destined to become Ruffles from Scarf Style.

  • 1 skein of a random brown slubby yarn with rainbow eyelash, also from Miriam's Well. Not nearly as awful as it sounds. Destined to become a scarf.

  • 4 balls of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport, 2 white and 2 red, to make Norweigian mittens for my Mom (already in progress).

  • 6 balls Lion Brand Cotton in process of becoming a cardigan.

    Is that all????

    EDITED TO ADD:

  • 1/2 pound of gorgeous white pima cotton slubby stuff from Good Fibrations

  • A whole lot of stuff at my Mom's yarny estate sale. I know I got a cone each of pale beige laceweight, very lightweight boucle in red, a bunch of tealish aranish weight tweed, a skein of tealish thaki donegal tweed, and maybe something else.


Holy crap, that's a lot of yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should I be concerned that I was there for about 90% of those purchases?

meg
http://nepenthe.blog-city.com