8.22.2005

Mmmm. Yarn.

WHEW! Super busy day. It feels good to be back in school, but I'm already overwhelmed. In an attempt to alleviate some stress, I'm going to talk about.... YARN!


I spent some time and some money in Hill Country Weavers, Austin's primary yarn store.

First and foremost, the stash enhancement:

2 skeins of Cascade 220 in red, destined to become a ribbed beanie for Mr. C, a la Team Zissou, and 2 skeins of Koigu, to replace my Koigu socks, see Sunday's post.

I only bought things I couldn't get at Village Wools.

When I first started knitting, I didn't like Hill Country Weavers. I have since revised my opinion. This is one of the best yarn stores I've been to. It's small, but they have a TON of crack, oops! I mean yarn. All the fabulous names, all the fabulous colors, and tons of things you've never heard of before. It's in a fabulous little house with fabulous landscaping, the staff is pretty darned good (a little overwhelmed by all the new inventory, and you might need to ASK for help, but generally nice). All in all, FABULOUS! I could wander around this place of hours, fondling yarn and dreaming up new projects. Oh wait- I do that EVERY TIME I go there!!!!

No comments: