8.01.2005

Done with Orangina!!!!!

I'm done with Orangina!



Specs:
Pattern: Orangina by Stefanie Japel.
Yarn: Rowan Cotton 4 Ply, as the pattern called for. Used about 4.5 balls, which means I have a full ball to return to the yarn store for credit!
Modifications: None, really. Did the ribbing on size 2 needles instead of size 3. Other than that, knit as written.

Verdict: I love it! The picture is kinda crappy, but I like the way this shell fits. I even have it on over a tshirt in the picture (I was too lazy to run over to my Mom's to find a camisole...) The lace is open enough that a cami is necessary.

It's very form-fitting, which means (1) it will go well under a suit jacket, (2) it's less likely to roll at the neck because it's a little more stretched across the top than a looser version, and (3) there isn't lots of excess fabric floating around.

If I were to make this again, I'd go another 3 inches or so on the lace and cut back on the ribbing. This was a really well-written pattern!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic Ms. Jenny! Can't wait to see it tonight!

meg