5.19.2004

Charlotte chart...

By the way, I completely recharted Charlotte in Microsoft Excel. The original pattern made my eyes cross and I would have given up in frustration without my chart.

Here's what I did:
I set it up so the row numbers correspond exactly to the pattern row numbers.
Column A indicates what color to use- A, B, etc.
Column B lists the number of lace pattern repeats in half of the row.
Column C is the center stitch, always knit.
The rest of the columns make up the pattern.
I charted it so that you start at the far right of the row, move your way to the left/center stitch, then knit back towards the right to complete the row.

I color coded each lace repeat so I could see at a glance what I was supposed to be doing- pink is the last row, yellow is the first, etc.
I left all non-lace repeat stitches with a white background so I could easily see what other stuff was happening in the row.

If you want a copy, I'll be happy to send it to you IF you have already purchased the pattern and promise not to send it off to other folks- don't want to break any copyright laws. Just e-mail me at jennysettle [at] yahoo [dot] com.

No comments: