5.27.2004

Shhhh.

I'm knitting at work. This feels infinitely decadent.

I have nothing else to do. I am finished with all my assignments. I have asked my boss for more work. Nada. I have asked my fellow tech writers for ways I can help them. Did a couple things, now nothing. I'm not supposed to be on the internet, so I'm knitting! (I'm SURE that's not what the boss had in mind when discouraging internet use... oh well!)

Anyway, I'm working on a sock. I ripped what I had (barely an inch) of Michelle's Basic Sock pattern so that I could restart and try the Alhambra sock. Everything I have on the needles right now is straight stockinette (more or less) so I wanted to spruce it up with a fancy sock.

This is my first ever sock, so I may have just bitten off more than I can chew.

I've been thinking recently about knitting goals. So here are some random thoughts.
I really want to learn how to do fair isle, and I want to do it two handed. I LOVE the Dale of Norway ski sweaters and always have. I think knitting one would be fabulous. In the mean time, I should start learning how to "pick" instead of "throw". There are some great free fair isle instructionals on the web: Fair Isle 101 and The Fearless Fair Isle Project in particular.
I also want to learn cables and get into some of the cool aran sweater things. I think that would be cool.

I have PLENTY of yarn with which I can learn these techniques. I should sit down and do a couple charity projects (like a square for the Mason-Dixon Afghan for Afghanalong or a blanket for the Crittern Knitathon.)
So, you heard it here! Now hold me accountable! :-)

No comments: