5.12.2004

Fibery goodness

I am a very bad blogger and have not knit a stitch in two nights.

So, to make up for it, I thought I'd share my two non-knitted treasures:



Both are handwoven pieces from one of my mother's dear friends, Louise Lechner. She owns Handwoven Originals in Santa Fe, which produces absolutely amazing pieces.

The first is a scarf that was a gift for my college graduation. As you can see, the colors move from kelly green at one end to firey red at the other. There are irridescent red threads running throughout the whole piece.

The second is a ruana that was a gift for my 12th birthday. It is folded in half lengthwise in the photo. It's almost entirely off-white with varything textures- silky, mohair, etc. There are pastel colored slubbed yarns running throughout, along with pearly irridescent threads. I tried to capture this in close up shot- don't know how well I did, though.

Anyway, if you are ever in Santa Fe, NM, you MUST go to Handwoven Originals!!!

No comments: