5.28.2005

It's all her fault.

SO. Nepenthe and I went back to the Fiesta today. Damage was done. I WISH I HAD MY CAMERA! I might borrow my Mom's tonight- this is just too good to pass up.

I got two skeins of yarn from Textiles A Mano... 270 yards of a gorgeous DK weight 50/50 silk and wool blend hand dyed in mid tone pinks and oranges. MMMMMM... Also 600 yards of a watermelon pink rayon/cotton/poly blend- it's kind of thick/thin with pright shiny slubs... Looks like a watermelon with colored seeds.

Now, N has been saying she wanted to start spinning. We looked at drop spindles and fiber on Thursday night. I was immune then.... Today I caved. I bought a drop spindle made from mequite wood- apparently the tree was over 500 years old! and 2 cakes of dyed Romney roving. One in jade green with lime green accents, the other in dark red with perriwinkle blue accents. AND (yikes!) I got 4 oz of GORGEOUS 80 % llama 20% tussah silk fiber in a natural undyed off white color to play with once I figure out what I'm doing. Based on the last 10 minutes worth of trying, this will have to wait for quite a while....

How did this happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, I'm SUPER excited.

No comments: