4.19.2004

Oh Happy Day!

I don't know why, but I am in a deliriously good mood about getting laid off. This is such a blessing! I now have a chance to have a low stress, really fun summer!

I'm thinking about doing the following:

  • Applying for a contract position that may pay a bunch of money- 1.5-2 times what I'm making now. I have a lead on one that may work out perfectly. I think this will be the only desk job I'll apply for- why sit inside for crappy money when you can screw around and have fun for crappy money???
  • Maybe look at weirdo jobs like cruise ship work, Club Med, park ranger, and other random things. How fun would that be?
  • Possibly work for my Mom's estate sale company. That's always a blast, free room and board, and decent pay...
  • Who knows what else. The possibilities are endless!


The guy who we laid off this week told me he got 3 weeks plus a week's vacation, so not TOO bad a package. I don't know if mine will be quite that nice, but we'll see.

Anyway, I did knit a lot this weekend. Made great progress on the nummy alpaca hat- I'm about 4 inches into it. Also worked on both tank tops some more after yesterday's post. Have not yet picked up the spaced out bag, but I do have bobbins wound for the correct intarsia this time around. Wish me luck!

No comments: